Dear Parents and Carers, I hope this finds you well. Enclosed are the details of our contingency plans for the next planned day of Industrial Action on Wednesday March 1st.
As I explained with regards to the last day of Industrial Action, our first preference was to keep school open for all students, and still is. However, I continue to have need to adhere to the guidance issued and must assess the safety and welfare of students whilst in school against the number of staff that will be on site and able to deliver lessons, undertake duties across the day and contribute to the effective running of school.
I must also take in to account the complexities of what might and might not be expected of colleagues remaining on site during a period of industrial action.
Therefore, the arrangements for our students will be as follows (in keeping with official DfE guidance):
- Students in Years 11, 12 and 13 will attend school and will follow their normal timetable, attending all lessons scheduled for the day.
- Provision will be made on site for those students who may need specific support, our vulnerable students. Designated school staff will communicate with relevant parents and carers to discuss this in more detail.
- Students in Years 7 – 10 will remain at home.
- Students in Years 7 – 10 will be provided with tasks in all subject areas timetables for Wednesday March 1st.
- All tasks, instructions/guidance and materials will be set on SMHW. There is an expectation that students will engage with and complete the tasks set.
- Our school buses will run as usual.
- Breakfast Club will be open as usual before school.
- School will start at 8.40 am and close at 3.00 pm as usual.
- Our school canteen will be open and food will be provided as normal during morning break and lunchtime.
- However, Detentions, Homework Club and extra-curricular activities will not run.
- Please note after school intervention (Period 6) for Years 11 and 13 will run as scheduled.
- All students will be expected to attend wearing full and appropriate school uniform.
We will continue to assess matters as this period of Industrial Action progresses and will update/amend plans as necessary. We will continue to make you aware of our plan for each day of industrial action as it approaches.
We understand how disruptive this may be for you as parents and carers and will endeavour to minimise the impact it will have on you as much as is possible.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact school should you have any further queries.
Thank you for your understanding and support,