During most years, St Thomas More Catholic School signs up to a programme called NHS futures. This provides quality work experience within the NHS. This year, however, the programme cannot run as normal, so NHS futures have partnered with Speakers4Schools to create a range of NHS virtual work experience packages.
This opportunity is aimed at students in Years 11 to 13 who will have missed their chance to participate in our usual work experience week (the minimum age requirement is 16).
The WEX packages will consist of 1-3 days within specialties such as Pathology, Allied Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing & Midwifery, Medical Physics & Clinical Engineering and we will also be offering a Non-Clinical package covering Business Administration, HR, Finance, Catering etc.
The first package will be based on Pathology and held during February half term 2021.
Places are limited to 30 across all selected schools.
If you have a genuine interest in Pathology please sign up as soon as possible. The live ad is closed for now so a small selection of schools can see it first.
You can view the advert here https://www.s4snextgen.org/Opportunities/View/id/935
- This is currently open to specific schools only (St Thomas More is one of these)
- Please ignore deadline date on the ad, this is so the opportunity is closed to other (non-participating) schools
- I encourage you to apply ASAP if interested, these places will be snapped up
- If you apply I will be notified by speakers for school directly and will complete the teacher authorisation ASAP
- If you have any further questions please contact Mrs Prior