As you will be aware we recently reinstated our Asda card scheme to provide financial support to our FSM students during any period of isolation or enforced school closure.
As the situation with isolations and school closures is changing on a daily basis we wanted to communicate with you the way this system will work going forward so that everyone is clear how and when the support will be received.
Please find details below:
- You will have been sent a Gift Card from ASDA, please keep this card safe as it is reloadable and will be used for all future top ups. Please do not allow Asda cashiers to keep your card if they request to do so as replacing the cards will result in a delay to your top ups’.
- The school will pay £3 per day, per child, onto the card for any period of enforced isolation/school closure in connection with Covid-19.
- Payments will also be made for the up and coming study leave period for Year 11 FSM students.
- Payments do not cover weekends, school holidays or days students should be in attendance at school.
- We will place an order for top ups at end of every week to cover any new individual isolations for that week.
- We will place an order for top ups at the end of every week for any year group closures that are known for following week.
- You will receive a text to inform you when a payment has cleared onto your card. We hope that all payments should clear on a Tuesday.
- To check the balance of your card you can use the Asda card balance checker at https://cards.asda.com/
- These gift cards can be used online and in any ASDA store.
Thank you for your support and feedback on this so far, it is proving to be a success and we hope that this is of assistance to you. If you would like to discuss this or have any other concerns you are welcome to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01902 368798 Ext 1010 or 07895 531484.
Mrs S M Bowen
Mrs M Atterbury