If you are a parent or carer, and receive any of the benefits below, then your child could be eligible to receive free school meals (sometimes abbreviated to FSM).
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Universal credit (provided you have a net earned annual income of no more than £7,400.00, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If your application for free school meals is successful the school will also receive extra funding from the Government to use in support of teaching and learning for your child including financial support for school trips and additional support to improve subject grades. This is known as Pupil Premium.
Checking your eligibility
We would like to encourage all parents/carers, whether you think you are eligible or not, to register for the online checking service . It is really simple and easy to register and it will automatically update if your circumstances change in the future.
If you would like any further information or if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Mr K Jones on 01902 368798 (ext. 3701).
Link to Walsall Council website where you can apply for free school meals.
Quick guide to using the Free School Meals daily allowance.