Replacement of lost examination certificates

Exam results are held in school from 2004 onwards. If you have never collected your exam certificates, it is possible that we still have them in school. We do not have “copies” of certificates, replacements must be obtained directly from exam boards. If you have mislaid your certificates for exams taken prior to 2004, you will need to contact the exam boards direct.

Many exam boards have merged or changed their names over the years, but the 4 boards we use most now are OCR, AQA, EDEXCEL and WJEC.

When you contact the exam boards, you will have to complete an application form and you will need to have the following information ready to help them trace your records:

  • Your name, as known when you took your exams
  • Your date of birth
  • The school name and exam centre number (ours is 20881)
  • The subjects you sat exams in, and whether they were A level or GCSE etc.

Exam boards no longer provide replacement certificates, but will issue a “certified statement of results” instead. However, they charge quite a lot to do this (approximately £42 per certificate).

Please use the links on this page for further information from the various examination boards.