This guide will show you how to download Microsoft Office 2016 for PC or Mac to use at home. This service is accessible to staff and students for as long as they are members of the school and can be registered on up to five devices including iPads/iPhones and other devices that support the Microsoft Office Apps.
Please follow these steps to install and activate Microsoft Office on your home computer or laptop. It is important to note that your device will need to be connected to the internet for this to work.
- Go to this website: https://login.microsoftonline.com
- When asked enter your school username as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org and click Next
- Enter the password that you use to log on to the school network with in the boxes shown and click Sign in.
- Once logged in you will see the Office 365 welcome page – it will look similar to the image below:
- In the top right hand corner of the screen you will see an option to Install Office apps. Click this and select Office 365 apps. If you are on an Apple Mac it will download the Office for Mac 2016 installer, if you are on a Windows PC it will download the normal Office 2016 installer.
- Once the installer has finished downloading click on it to begin the installation.
- Follow the instructions on the installer and once it is complete Office will be installed on your device.
Following the installation the Office install will need activating, the suite will not work until this is complete. To do this follow these instructions:
- Open one of the Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) this can be done by using start menu/ desktop shortcuts or opening a file.
- On first use the software will ask you to activate your install by logging in to the Office 365.
- Follow the instructions on screen and when asked enter your details as you did for point 2 above
If for whatever reason this fails or does not work as expected, please speak to a member of the ICT Support Team.