Level 2 BTEC Tech Award in Performing Arts (Acting).
Why choose to study this course?
- To develop your communication skills, confidence, self-awareness, performance and analytical skills through personal reflection and self-evaluation throughout the course.
- Provides you with a “toolkit” of invaluable transferrable skills which will:
- Prepare learners for entry into higher education through a range a subjects.
- Prepare learners to enter employment or apprenticeships, or to move onto higher education by studying a degree in the Performing or Production Arts areas.
Unit to be studied:
Component 1: Exploring The Performing Arts (Internally assessed)
You will study professional practioners and explore the interrelationships of existing performance material.
- Broaden understanding of performance work and influences.
- Explore a range of performances and performance styles.
- Observe existing repertoire.
Component 2: Developing Skills & Techniques in Performing Arts (Internally assessed)
You will apply skills and techniques in rehearsal and performance whilst reviewing your own development.
- Produce and interpret performance work, communicate intentions to an audience.
- Develop performance skills and techniques.
- Participate in workshops developing technical, practical and interpretative skills through rehearsal and performance process.
- Work from existing repertoire to reproduce the work.
- Review own progress and consider improvements.
Component 3: Performing To A Brief (Externally assessed)
Work as part of a group to create a workshop performance in response to a given brief.
- Consider target audience and start creative process using a given stimulus.
- Develop ideas and apply skills to communicate creative intentions to audience.
How will it be assessed?
Students will be assessed through videoed rehearsal and performance work with an accompanying portfolio/video blog for each unit to meet the assessment criteria of a Level 2 Pass, Merit or Distinction.
- Communicating ideas through performance
- Working effectively with others
- Creative skills
- Organisational skills
Performing Arts – Y11 Concept Map – BTEC L2 PA CJE 117.61 KB 18 downloads
Curriculum concept map or supporting file for Performing Arts and Music – Year 11
Performing Arts – Y7 & 8 Concept Map – KS3 Drama DEE 232.84 KB 24 downloads
Curriculum concept map or supporting file for Performing Arts and Music – Year 7, Year 8