Dear Parents and Carers, we are sorry we were not able to reply to your queries over the weekend regarding the Covid vaccinations being offered today in school. This is due to the fact that the process is being handled by an external agency and as such we are not in charge of the arrangements put in place. Consequently, we needed to wait until this morning when the team administering vaccinations arrived on site to pass your queries on and seek clarification for you. I spoke with the Operations Manager first thing this morning to clarify next steps for those of you who may wish your children to be vaccinated but have missed the deadline for the process here at STM. I have been informed of the following:
- Staffing is in place at the vaccination centre at the Sadliers Centre in Walsall to support continued vaccinations of all those eligible.
- Specific vaccination clinic times will be set aside for Covid Vaccinations for 12-15 year olds.
- These vaccination clinic times will be advertised through Walsall schools.
- The practicalities supporting attendance at these vaccination clinics will also be advertised through Walsall schools.
- Parents and Carers will be able to attend these vaccination clinics with their children to receive their vaccination but should not turn up unannounced. These are not being operated as a walk in centre.
As soon as we are made aware of this additional information we will issue these to you for your attention.
As this is an externally managed process and operation and as with previous advice and guidance, I would ask that you direct any further queries to Public Health Walsall for further clarification.
Thank you for your understanding.