Dear Parents and Carers, I hope this finds you well. Enclosed are the details of our contingency plans for the next planned days of Industrial Action on Wednesday and Thursday of the coming week, March 15th and 16th.
As I have explained previously, our first preference is to keep school open for all students. This remains to be so. However, I continue to have need to adhere to the guidance issued and must assess the safety and welfare of students whilst in school against the number of staff that will be on site and able to deliver lessons, undertake duties across the day and contribute to the effective running of school.
I must also take in to account the complexities of what might and might not be expected of colleagues remaining on site during a period of industrial action.
Therefore, the arrangements for our students will be as follows (in keeping with official DfE guidance):
* Students in Years 10, 11, 12 and 13 will attend school and will follow their normal timetable, attending all lessons scheduled for the day.
* Provision will be made on site for those students who may need specific support, our vulnerable students. Designated school staff will communicate with relevant parents and carers to discuss this in more detail.
* Students in Years 7 – 9 will remain at home.
* Students in Years 7 – 9 will be provided with tasks in all subject areas and timetables for both Wednesday March 15th and Thursday March 16th.
* All tasks, instructions/guidance and materials will be set on SMHW. There is an expectation that students will engage with and complete the tasks set.
* For details about our school buses please follow this link: https://www.st-thomasmore.walsall.sch.uk/arrangements-for-wednesday-and-thursday-concerning-industrial-action/
* Breakfast Club will be open as usual before school.
* School will start at 8.40 am and close at 3.00 pm as usual.
* Our school canteen will be open and food will be provided as normal during morning break and lunchtime.
* However, Detentions, Homework Club and extra-curricular activities will not run.
Please note after school intervention (Period 6) for Years 11 and 13 will run as scheduled.
* All students will be expected to attend wearing full and appropriate school uniform.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact school should you have any further queries.
Thank you for your understanding and support,