Sexual exploitation is when some tricks, manipulate or even forces a child into doing something sexually for the benefit of themselves of others.
This person may act as a friend, boyfriend or girlfriend, they could be the same age, older, male or female, they may have known them a long time or they may be a new friend.
They may have met this person on line or through friends. But something might tell you this is not right!
The following are key traits of CSE
- They may blackmail children with pictures they have of them
- They may make the have sex or perform sexual acts on them or other people
- They may make them watch things they do not want to see
- They may encourage them to take and send naked images
- They may encourage them to drink alcohol or take drugs
- They might touch them which make them feel uncomfortable
Signs of coercion are:
- They love the
- They care about them
- They respect and treat you like an adult
- They may offer them a place to stay
- They may offer them gifts, drugs, clothes or a mobile phone (etc.)
- Make the child feel guilty
- Threatening family and friends
- Humiliate them and make them feel stupid