Your Careers Education and Guidance will continue into Post 16 Education. At this stage your aspirations may be more focused. It could be you are still unsure about your future and need help finding a direction to pursue. The St Thomas More Catholic School Post 16 CEIAG will support, help and prepare you for your future after school life.
Throughout Years 12 and 13 you will also have the opportunity to:
- Have an interview with a member of the sixth form team prior to commencing Year 12 to outline all opportunities available.
- Access support and advice about any career, options, or future related concerns with our Careers Team.
- Have a one to one interview with the external Careers Advisor.
- Experience an assembly with an employer from industry during National Careers Week.
- Access to the school website and careers notice board located outside the careers office (F41).
- Learn more about the jobs available within the West Midlands.
- Explore the changing sectors of industry and work.
- Be selected to take part in a workshop with the Department for Work and Pensions.
- Engage in encounters with further and higher education institutions.
- Access support and assistance in applying for university through UCAS.
- Access support and assistance in applying for apprenticeships.
- For an overview of the pre-planned events for your year group see the Careers Activity Schedule.
More help and support?
For more detailed information on your options after school see the following websites: