Careers Education and Guidance is very important in early years at school.
Our aim is to help younger students develop realistic, attainable career aspirations that will eventually transpire into the drive and determination to achieve their goal.
Throughout Year 7 you will also have the opportunity to:
- Learn about a new career each week during “Form Period News” – Career of the week section.
- Explore and develop your skills during PSHE (spring term).
- Learn more about the jobs available within the West Midlands.
- Explore the changing sectors of industry and work.
- Experience an assembly with an employer from industry during National Careers Week
- Access to the school website and careers notice board located outside the careers office (F41).
- Open door access to discuss any career options, or future related concerns with our careers team.
- For an overview of the pre-planned events for your year group see the Careers Activity Schedule
In Year 8 you’ll be choosing your options. It is important that you take the time to consider your choices and any impact they may have on your future career goals.
If you or your parents would like some help with these decisions our external Careers Advisor, Mrs Rasmin will be available at Year 8 options evening.
Throughout Year 8 you will have access to all the same opportunities as Year 7.