At St Thomas More Catholic School we aim to raise the aspirations of our young people. We want to promote better access to all career pathways and enable our students to develop the skills outlook needed to achieve career wellbeing.
Our programme of careers education underpins the Department for Education Guidance (PDF). It will provide students with opportunities to develop and apply the knowledge, understanding and skills necessary to make realistic career decisions.
Careers team members
For any further information about the Careers Curriculum, please contact a member of our careers team.
Mrs S Roberts
Deputy Headteacher and Careers SLT Link
Mrs N Prior
Mrs J Rasmin
Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
We recognise we have a Christian duty to encourage and support students to develop the necessary skills and knowledge required to meet their future aspirations. To support this ethos St Thomas More Catholic School ensures pupils have access to the following CEIAG:
- At least 1 opportunity for individual personal guidance with an impartial careers advisor before the end of Year 11.
- A ‘drop-in’ careers office that is staffed and able to offer comprehensive and up-to-date information on opportunities in Education, Training and Employment.
- Access to local Labour Market Information (LMI).
- Access to occupational information including work experience, apprenticeships and further education training providers
- Access to UCAS (information on universities in the UK).
- A Careers Education Programme built into the school’s curriculum.
- A Work Placement for the duration of 1 week in Year 10.
- A Work Placement for the duration of 1 week in Year 12.
Related news and articles
Careers interviews from St Thomas More Catholic School staff and former students. Continue reading …