Please be aware that there is no nurse available at the school. The school provides emergency first aid to staff, visitors and students for incidents that happen whilst at school. This provision does not extend to dealing with incidents which happen outside of school (e.g. accidents which happen at home).
Painkillers and medication
First aiders cannot administer painkillers or other medication unless these have been prescribed. They must be submitted to the school in their original, labelled packaging along with dosage instructions and a completed school medication form.
Student illness whilst at school
Should your child become ill whilst at school a member of staff will contact you if necessary. It is important that students alert a member of staff if they are unwell, and do not attempt to make contact with parents directly. Please ensure we have your up-to-date contact details. Thank you for your support.
Accidents and illness outside of school
Parents and carers are advised to use the following services, provided by the NHS, for incidents which happen outside of school or for ongoing illness:
- Use the NHS symptom checker at www.nhs.uk
- Call 111 for non-emergency medical advice.
- Contact your local GP surgery.
- Visit the Walsall Walk-In Health Centre (Market Square, Walsall WS1 1QZ. 01922 605730).
- Visit the Phoenix Walk-In Health Centre (Parkfields Road, Wolverhampton WV4 6ED. 01902 444677).
- Call 999 or visit a hospital A&E department for serious illness or injury, or when their life is at risk.