Aims of the curriculum
- To prepare students for a career in the travel and tourism industry
- To give students the opportunity to enter employment in the travel and tourism sector or to progress to vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Travel and Tourism
- To give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
Lessons include a range of units including;
1 The UK Travel and Tourism Sector
2 UK Travel and Tourism Destinations
3 International Travel and Tourism Destinations
4 Factors Affecting Worldwide Travel and Tourism
Teaching methods and student organisation
Students are taught and research the key areas for each unit; they then work independently to produce evidence based on the learning outcomes detailed in their assignments.
Progression after Key Stage 4
Students will have the opportunity to enter employment in the travel and tourism sector or to progress to vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Travel and Tourism.
How can you help your child?
- Ensure full attendance to lessons
- Support teaching staff in making sure all work homework is completed to high standards
- Encourage the students to read travel and tourism materials to develop a broader understanding of the subject
- Attend parents evenings so that you have a detailed overview of how your child is progressing
- Ask students what they are currently studying and what they have enjoyed or found challenging