Aims of the curriculum
To offer a broad and exciting curriculum that will benefit students in to further education and beyond. Providing opportunities for careers in the competitive and ever changing Computer Science industry.
Years 9, 10 and 11
- Edexcel Computing
Teaching methods and student organisation
- Year 9 – 3 hours per week
- Year 10 – 3 hours per week
- Year 11 – 3 hours per week
- Students have access to the Moodle VLE in lesson and home to view objectives and resources. All work is completed either online or uploaded to the Moodle VLE and fed back to student through this or we use exercise books to make notes and submit responses to challenge questions.
- Students have access to personal email accounts to exchange and communicate with both teachers and peers within the school
- Students organise their work within their folders and upload any work that is required to the Moodle VLE.
Progression after Key Stage 4
Students can select Level 3 ICT or A Level Computer Science.
Additional classes and extra curricular activities
Catch up sessions for pupils to work in their own time with the assistance of a teacher / teaching assistant as designated by P6 or the learning mentors and class teacher.